Destination Bachelorette Themes & Ideas That Will Blow Your Bride’s Mind
Thinking about getting away for the bachelorette but want something a little more unique than penis straws and the “Last Fling Before The Ring”? Check out our favorite themes (and their destinations!) to add to your hangover planning.
1. Let the Good Times Roll in New Orleans
For a culture immersion destination, it doesn’t get better than New Orleans. From jazz to good eats, burlesque shows, bourbon and big bands on the corner — don’t miss these hot spots while you’re there!
- Best Rooftop Bars
- JazzFest (Late April/Early May)
- Group Burlesque Class
- Night life:
- Lucy’s in the Warehouse District
- Molly’s at the Market
- The Gold Mine in the French Quarter
- Stroll down Bourbon Street — something is bound to catch your fancy
- For live music: Head over to Frenchmen Street.
- For Karaoke: Kajun’s Pub on Saint Claude Avenue for karaoke.
2. The Bride’s Last Ride (to Boston)
This one is especially cool for the foodie and history buff bride. Follow Paul Revere’s last ride through the Freedom Trail, take a foodie tour, laugh harder than you thought possible at Boston’s Improv Asylum — and of course make sure you check out the sites around Fenway.
For the music lovers, rent a party bus and hit up the arena for a concert!
Potential Swag for the Bride’s “Last Ride”
- Dare Cards
- Revolutionary Hats
- Personalized Baseball Hats (& Jersey’s if you’re hitting a Red Sox game)
3. The Bride’s Last Ride … in Nashville, TN
Must visit spots!!
- Acme Feed & Seed (rooftop bar)
- Paradise Park
- Big Bang (Dueling Piano Bar)
When you’re done at the Grand Ole Opry and you’re ready for something a little more frisky… Music City Male Revue is sure to get your squad blushing (oh yah know… very Magic Mike if ya know what we mean).
Potential Swag for “Last Ride”
- Tshirts, tanks or hoodies
- Boot cuffs (personalized of course)
4. Once Upon A Bride… at Disney! (Orlando, Florida)
- Theme Idea 1: Beauty & Her Maids
- Theme Idea 2: Party Mouse, BridesMouse and Mouse of Honor
- Theme Idea 3: [Bride’s] Happily Ever After
- Theme Idea 4: Bibbidi Bobbidi Bride
Think Disney is just for kids and families? Think again! Disney’s Epcot is an awesome spot to let your inner kids out while you’re eating and drinking around the world.
Epcot is the park that consists of 11 countries, built around a lake with their own restaurants, rides and bars. Germany actually looks like Germany — Mexico really looks like Mexico! Do not forget to get the churros in Mexico, and definitely go on the boat ride (Johnny Depp himself has pranked Disney-Goers on this ride!)
5. Get Nauti…cal on an All-Inclusive Cruise
- Theme Idea 1: Get Nauti!
- Theme Idea 2: Get Shipfaced!
- Theme Idea 3: Mer-maids (of the Bride)
- Theme Idea 4: Tropic Like It’s Hot
Cruises work great for groups — tickets are per person so there is no trying to figure out who owes who what… and they are particularly for those who are budget-conscious!
Most cruises are all-inclusive — which means (almost) every single on-ship activity and event is included and it covers alllll the food you can think to eat!! (so be kind to the bride and bridal party and don’t plan this without enough time to drop the 5 lbs you will gain from the all-you-can-eat-steak-and-lobster restaurant).
3 day/2 night Cruises can start at just $169 per person and drink packages (unlimited alcohol drink packages typically start at $50/day — and don’t lie, you know you’ll spend more than that on your mimosa’s each morning) are available too to control that budget!
Check out these popular cruise lines for idea:
- Carnival – Starts at $169 pp
- Royal Carribbean (more diversity in age) – Starts at $199 pp
- Norwegian **Includes an Open Bar Package on Most Cruises!** – Starts at $269 pp
6. Take Your Mer-Maids To The Beach
- Theme Idea 1: Mer-Maids (of the bride)
- Theme Idea 2: Girls Just Wanna Have Sun
Relax on the sand, enjoy the views and wake up to the rolling tide and crashing waves. Beaches are the ultimate getaway that typically have something for everyone. Relaxation for the group who wants to get away… but also a great day and night scene for the party group.
Our Favorite Party Beaches To Think About:
- Panama City, Florida (*Do not consider Panama City if you’re trying to just relax — this is a party crowd 🙂 *)
- South Beach, Florida (aka SoBe)
- San Diego, California
- Tybee Island, Georgia
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
- Cape May, New Jersey
- Hilton Head, South Carolina
- Key West, FL (not really a beach but definitely in the category!
And those amazing beaches just a quick flight or a cruise stop away…
- Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- Havana, Cuba
- Hawaii (might need to save this one for the Honeymoon…)
Potential Swag for “Mer-Maids”
- Beach Bags
- Flip Flops
- Passport Invitations
- Swimsuit Coverups
- Oversized Sunhats (with monograms, duh!)
7. “Warm Up” The Team for The Fit-Bride
- Theme Idea 1: Team Bride
- Theme Idea 2: Sweating for The Wedding
- Find a fun run that everyone in the group can get excited about.
- Get into your active wear and go on a bar crawl.
Get strangers to help you out with your beer exercises. Don’t forget to take tons of pictures of this — they also make incredible Boomerangs.